All welcome to attend the 2014 Water East Timor AGM - Wednesday 29th October, 7:30pm, in the offices of Western Distric
WET - ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - Wed 29th October, 7:30pm, in the offices of WDEA, Fairy St, Warrnambool.
A massive thankyou to everyone involved in the 'Gardens on the Edge' Fundraising event on Sunday 21st Oct in Port Fairy.
The day was a tremendous success with Albert St, Port Fairy inundated for the day as hundreds of people came to enjoy and explore the beautiful and diverse collection of gardens and cottages open for the event.
Between the incredible weather, the delicious afternoon tea served up by the ladies at Korongah house and the gardens and cottages themselves it is no wonder that the atmosphere was so good and that everyone was wearing such big, relaxed smiles on their faces all day.
A huge thankyou to everyone involved in the day including members from the Port Fairy Country Womens Association, the Port Fairy Rotary Club, Water East Timor, all of the other helpers, friends and neighbours, and most significantly the property owners and gardeners themselves! The work that would have been undertaken in the weeks and months leading up to the event must have been significant, however the results were absolutely sensational - as attested by all who were there on the day. Particular thanks to the local organisers of the event (you know who you are) who were instrumental in bringing the event from an idea to fruition - in all it's glory!
The event raised close to $10,000, a huge sum, with all proceeds going to Water East Timor to be used on the 'Letefoho Parish School Refurshment' Project in East Timor, which has commenced works this month.
Upcoming Fundraising Event (Sept 21, 10am - 4pm): Port Fairy Open Gardens Fundraiser - 'Gardens on the Edge'
Sun, 21st September (10am - 4pm) - Albert St, Port Fairy - $25 entry to 9 Cottages & Garden (incl afternoon tea) - Further information see below...
1. Clonmara Cottages Garden - “A little bit of Britain” - Cnr. Albert Rd & Princes Hwy
2. Jan & Will’s Garden - “A balance of formality in a drought resistant garden” - 4 Albert Rd
3. Arrondoon Cottage - “Historic cottage and Dinny’s Shed in a complimentary garden setting” - 37 Albert Rd
4. Slatra House & Garden - “1912 Federation home with contrasting garden spaces” - 41 Albert Rd
5. Milliner’s Cottage & Garden - “Restored 1874 cottage nestled into a delightful yet hardy garden” - 44 Albert Rd
6. Bob & Lynda’s Garden & Quilts - “Quirky & fascinating – like it’s owners” - 51 Albert Rd
7. Stromness House Garden - “Reflecting & echoing other cultures” - 53 Albert Rd
8. Steve & Donna’s Garden - “An amazing expanse filled with sculptural plants & recycled treasures” - 70AlbertRd
9. Korongah House & Garden - "Afternoon Tea" - Home of Robert & Margaret Whitehead